Thursday 2 April 2009

Edinburgh




Edinburgh, Scotland is one of my favorite places in the world. When I found out that my lovely cousin Jackie was going to Europe to be my traveling companion I at once urged her to fly in to Edinburgh to start out adventures. Mum gave us an extra special treat and book us a room at the Radisson right smack dab in the middle of the Royal Mile. Mum and I had stayed there on our tour of the British Isles during the summer of 2006 and she fell in love with the young lad who worked in the gym - Andy Hamilton. She booked our room on the condition that I would promise to go to the gym and see if Andy still works there (he doesn't by the way - thank goodness! It was going to be pretty awkward if he did)

To meet Jackie I took a train from Oxford up to Birmingham, and then flew from Birmingham to Edinburgh. The train was inexpensive and twice as fast as a bus. I thought it was perfect because it left at 2:49 pm which meant I could still go to church and everything. Well after church I came home (a little late because i had missed the bus) packed up and was eating some left over pizza before leaving when my roommate asked me some questions about the train ticket (i.e. cost). I pulled it out of my back to show her when I realized the time didn't say 2:49 but said instead 2:37 and at that moment it was 2:32. I choked on my pizza when the suddenly surge of adrenaline started. I had less than five minutes to make it from my flat to the train station. After I cleared my airway I grabbed my back and flew down the stairs and sprinted the whole way just barely making my train. It was quite the start!

Everything went smoothly and soon I had made it back up to the Old Country. Jack and I had fun walking the streets, visiting Mary Kings Close , eating at vegetarian restaurants, and hiking up hills over looking the city. 


the photos are mostly of me since Jackie was the responsible one with a camera - but I improved over time!

3 comments:

  1. loved the video! nice work! ;) and i'm sure we'll have more to come in our next few weeks of adventures ("I don't speak French, so I'll let the funky music doing the talking!")

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the pictures! I miss Jackie. I wish I could see her more. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow! What fun! I am so glad you posted about Edinburgh. I am going to put that on the list of things to see when we go. Glad you had a fun time!

    ReplyDelete