Monday 20 April 2009

Reflections on a spunky friend

Good news - I have finally made it back to the Prague Airport!!! I lost my passport while in Romania and thought i would have to stay an extra day or two (its a great country but i was more than ready to head home to Massachusetts) but turns out that it wasn't stolen it just fell out of my bag at the airport and someone turned it in!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Such a miracle and a blessing, God has really been looking out for me.
Anyways, being back in the Czech Republic means that internet access is much easier to come by so I stopped in a cafe, bought a hot chocolate, and sat down to catch up on the world. After reading some of my favorite blogs I was inspired to write a memory i have of my amazing friend Robyn Brough who will be reporting to the MTC tomorrow to go to France on her mission.
One night during her freshman year of college a bunch of old high school friends got together for some fun times. I don't really remember what we did but I do remember that I was able to give Robyn a lift back to her dorm at Heritage Halls, BYU since I was living in a townhouse nearby at the time.
Robyn is one of those girls who you could see as the next Sister Hinckley or Sister Monson. Beautiful, smart, fun, and with a sweet spirit and rock solid testimony. As it was just us in the car we started talking about a secret desire we have always had to do something illegal. Nothing terrible of course because we usually toe the line (her more than I) and anything too bad would make us feel absolutely terrible.
I was driving a VW Cabrio (Rabbit) Convertable - the ultimate high school car - and realized as I was dropping her off that the sidewalks at Heritage Halls are wider than the width of my car. Suddenly I knew we could do it, we could live on the wild side. I quickly drove up on the sidewalk and kept driving to her apartment. As silly as it was we felt it was a rush :) I told her that if any BYU police pulled me over I would explain that it wasn't polite to make a lady walk to her door so late and that we were driving on the sidewalks in the name of safety. The fun part was watching the reactions we got from the boys and girls that wanted to still be together even though it was past curfew so they had to wait outside - especially when i had to reverse around a couple corners to get back out.
Robyn I know you won't read this but i think you're great! Good Luck!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hana! This is crazy... I just found this post (long story!) and you are too sweet! Thanks for being so kind to me. You have been a great friend! And I hear you might live with Diane?! I am so tempted to move out and pay rent just to live with you two. :) Sure love ya.

    ReplyDelete