Friday 16 January 2009

Where I Live - Part 2


So this is my kitchen - we have found that we can have 2 people cooking at the same time and its possible for 3 of us but just barely. 

I just wanted to show off my washer/dryer. It fits about half a U.S. load and it takes about 2 hours to "dry". After it is done "drying" the clothes we take them out and hang them up in the bathroom to truly dry for 2 days. Hopefully when the weather warms up we can hang them up outside and have them dry in a day! 

This is our fridge and our freezer. The freezer is completely full with our British flatmates food so all of our food must be in the fridge and since there are 4 of us using it we have to go to the grocery store every 3 days or so.

This is my lovely roommate Mary from New York and our living room. OSAP (Oxford Study Abroad Programme) provides for us the computer and the TV. The other day Mary and Colleen had some of the guys at OSAP that live in a different flat over to for dinner and we couldn't figure out how to even turn on the TV for a good 5 minutes. Odd instruction/settings are also on the washer and oven... good Olde England.

The next few photos are taken from the road I walk to get to town - I live at the end of a dead end street right next to the railroad tracks.

This is a child's day care I pass right after the bridge. They have about 30 kids from ages 3 months to 5 years. It is really fun to watch them be picked up at night. Less than half of the parents come in cars, the rest come on bicycles with car seats on the back :)

This is a truly rare sight - blue sky. I took all of these pictures because of it

Alright so that's where I live!!

1 comment:

  1. You live at the end of a dead end street right next to the train tracks? Sounds like a good place to dump a body to me!

    Seriously though - it is beautiful and you have succeeded in making me jealous and your flat is much nicer than even I expected, so good job! And I'm sorry you don't have much space to live in. That's living in a dorm for you!

    ReplyDelete