Friday 16 January 2009

Where I Live - Part 1

In order to support my loyal followers, a.k.a. Mari and Alex, I took a few minutes today to take some photos of my flat and some of the surrounding views. I haven't taken any photos of Oxford Central but that will be something to look forward to :)

So I live in flat 87


on the top floor

of Venneit Close - it has its own post code


I decided that I wanted you to see how I really live so I decided not to clean up my space before taking the picture. This is it. I get the bed, desk, 3 drawers and half of the closet behind me. The desk is broken right now, 2 of the drawers are at least. I am still looking for some crazy glue or some duct tape to fix it. Don't worry - I'll clean it up tomorrow...

I wanted you to see where the bathroom is so you can understand something about my flat. We have 2 bathrooms. The first one is the door in the background that is a private bathroom for me and my roommate Mary. It has a shower, toilet, and sink but not much else. However, it is pretty clean and has very little mold. The other bathroom is off of the main hallway and it is shared with my two other flatmates and any guests we have over.


this is in the other bathroom - the black gunk is mold, and there is plenty to go around in there -yuck!


This is the view from the balcony outside of my room that I keep bragging about. There is a small canal then a gravel bike path and then the river. On the other side of the river are grassy wild-lands where birds like to land. When the sun sets at night it turns the river a deep orange and red and the trees become black silhouettes, with the calls of the birds filling the air as they settle for the night. In the distant background you can hear the bells from Oxford chiming the time and this serenity is only broken periodically by the soft rattle of the trains entering and exiting the station on the other side of our flat. 

During the day, especially on the weekends you will see entire families on their bikes going along the path and enjoying the fresh air. And during the mornings on my way to school I see the different colleges' rowing teams practicing and getting in shape so the best of the best will be prepared when it is time to race Cambridge on that very same river in the late spring. 

I love this view so much it deserves two photos!
This is the view of the railroad station from our living room window. The tower on the left is where the bells are that I mentioned. 


With so many photos in one blog not only is this taking some time to put together but I am also getting nervous about doing all this work and then having it not post properly. So I have decided to split this blog into 2 parts. This then is the end of Where I Live part 1.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on learning how to post pictures! My little sister is growing up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too me too! i am now a loyal follower!

    ReplyDelete