Thursday 12 March 2009

5th week Blues


Oxford has a unique system where a term only lasts 8 weeks but there are no breaks or holidays during those 8 weeks, you have to go straight through it. The end of fifth week is when the depression hits the students hard. You are more than halfway done but there is so much work left to do it takes the mickey out of ya. My friend Kaylena found the perfect solution to the blues though and organized a group of friends to go to the house and grave of C.S. Lewis in Headington, England. It was a beautiful day, with great people, and dedicated to an incredible author and Christian. 

C.S. Lewis' House


His grave

Trinity Church graveyard at sunset

This made me laugh :D

The street name was hilarious,
 I made Kaylena pose for the picture





1 comment:

  1. I'm surprised at how plain his grave is. I expected it to be a bit more grand, especially having been to Shakespear's grave. And I do like the name of the street - I definitely giggled! At one of the museums we went to in London there was a butt bench - a bench that had abstract pictures of people's butts on it so of course I had to get my roommates sitting on the butt bench! Still one of my all-time favorite London pictures!

    ReplyDelete