Monday 16 February 2009

R.I.P.

I realize it has been some time, but I recently discovered a video on my sister's facebook that reminded me of a dear friend I lost. His name was Cheeto and he was one of the greatest goldfish. Living past a ripe old age of 3 years old, he was a gift - one of those cheesy high school dance invited that Utah is famous for. I went away to college and left him in the able hands of my lit' sis Alex but old age finally got the best of him. She called me one night around midnight sobbing buckets of tears, mourning the loss of such a great friend. In my efforts to calm her tears I started suggesting the most ridiculous fish funeral complete with goldfish crackers for refreshment, programs, and official funeral wailers. I imagined taps being played in the background as Cheeto majestically swirled down the toilet. Come to find out - they did have a funeral and recorded it for me to watch later. This video is the second half of the funeral when my smallest brother finally figured out what was happening :) 


1 comment:

  1. Of course I was worried about how Robbie would take it all in, but he seemed just fine... until the fish was flushed. As sad as it was, it was also really funny! And it was awesome to see how little Echo was! It was fun to talk to you today! Now, go write your essay!

    ReplyDelete